Residents and visitors are advised to expect increased traffic and travel time delays during the 10 days of the 2015 Miami Open tennis tournament. Play begins on Monday, March 23, with qualifying matches and the tournaments ends on Sunday, April 5.
Allow extra time to reach off-island destinations and to return to the Key.
Details about bicycle and pedestrian access, parking and transit are below.
Pedestrians & Cyclists - For greater patron safety, the South Tennis Center Gate will not be accessible to pedestrians. Tennis fans walking to the Tournament from the Village of Key Biscayne will be directed by Key Biscayne Police to proceed along the east side of Crandon Boulevard, along its bike path adjacent to Lot 4. This path will be lit for greater patron safety during evening hours. The path will lead to the Tournament's main-entrance crosswalk, where patrons will cross Crandon Boulevard to enter the event. Pedestrians will not be permitted to walk north of Harbor Drive on the southbound side of Crandon Boulevard. Bicyclists riding to the Tournament from the Village may either ride on the same path as the pedestrians or use the bicycle lanes on Crandon Boulevard to reach the signalized crosswalk to the Tennis Center.
For those wishing to walk or bicycle to the event from the mainland:
- Pedestrians are requested to use the shared-use path to either the Mast Academy or Virginia Beach Road signalized crosswalks to cross to the newer path on the north side of the Causeway, and then proceed across the new 14-foot-wide shared-use path on the north side of the Bear Cut Bridge.
- Bicyclists may either ride the same route as the pedestrians or use the bicycle lanes on the Rickenbacker Causeway and Crandon Boulevard to reach the signalized crosswalk to the Tennis Center. Signs will be posted directing pedestrians and bicyclists to cross to the northern side of the roadway. Signs will be posted across from the Crandon Park Marina directing pedestrians and bicyclists to use the path in the parkland to access the shared-use path inside the park to reach the Tennis Center.
Transit - Bus service via the popular Route B Bus, also referenced as Route 102, covering the Brickell Metrorail Station, Brickell Business District, Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami Seaquarium, Crandon Park, City of Key Biscayne, and Cape Florida State Park, will make regular stops at the main entrance of the Tournament when heading toward the Village of Key Biscayne. It will also make regular stops across the street from the main entrance, along the east side of Crandon Boulevard, on its return route to Brickell. Public transportation information, including bus schedules, routes and fares, can be found at http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/ or by calling 311.
Traffic - The public should expect heavier than normal traffic along Rickenbacker Causeway during the Tournament due to larger than normal crowds. As all rehabilitation work on Bear Cut Bridge has been completed, it will not impact traffic flow. Visit www.511southflorida.com for traffic updates. Drivers should allow for additional travel time to and from the tournament.
Rickenbacker Causeway - Fans should note that SunPass is now accepted at the Causeway's toll plaza that processes four lanes of traffic for entry to the islands of Key Biscayne and Virginia Key. C-Pass transponders and cash are no longer accepted. Tolls are collected electronically through SunPass and Toll-by-Plate. Any motorist driving through the toll plaza toward Key Biscayne without a SunPass account/transponder will be charged using the Toll-by-Plate method. The Toll-by-Plate rate is higher than the SunPass rate and includes a monthly administrative fee. Anyone without a SunPass transponder will receive a bill in the mail for their Rickenbacker toll charges plus a $2.50 administrative fee.
Drop-Off/Pick-up/Will Call/Ball Boy/Girl Drop Off/Pick Up - The Tournament drop-off, pick-up, Ball Boy/Girl Drop off/Pick up, and short term parking for Will Call pick-up will be strictly limited to the North Gate/Lot 6 entrance. Those picking up tickets should follow the signs leading to the ticket Will Call area located at the front gate.
Taxi Service - Taxi service will be available with pick-up/drop-off located north of the Crandon Park Office, between Lots 2 and 3, where shuttle buses enter/exit the park. Signage will be posted.
Parking - Parking lots close two hours after the last match. Shuttle bus service to-and-from the All Day General Admission Parking Lot on Arthur Lamb Road ends one hour after the last match. During the Tournament, parking will be available at the following locations:
- All Day General Admission Parking - $15-$25/Vehicle - Located at Arthur Lamb Road, across from the Seaquarium. Free shuttle services will be provided from Arthur Lamb Road to Parking Lot 3 every 15 minutes, until one hour after the last match.
- Parking Lot 1 - Beach Patrons Parking Only - Located at the northernmost entrance to Key Biscayne after crossing the bridge beyond the Rickenbacker Causeway, this lot is strictly reserved for beach patron parking only - NO EVENT PARKING PERMITTED.
- Parking Lot 2 - Accessible Parking - Located at the north entrance of Crandon Park, all accessible parking spaces for the disabled are located in this lot to patrons with a tournament ticket and a valid handicap decal.
- Parking Lot 2 - VIP Parking After 5PM - $30/Vehicle - Located at the north entrance of Crandon Park, this is the closest lot to the stadium. Fee is per day, no re-entry allowed. Subject to availability.
- Parking Lot 3 - Box Holder Parking - This lot is reserved for Box Holders.
- Parking Lot 4 - Motorcycle Parking - $10 - Located at the south entrance of Crandon Park, this is the only lot allowing motorcycle parking at a cost of $10. Fee is per day, no re-entry allowed.
- Bicycles - Lot 4 - Bike Parking is FREE - Located in Lot 4 by its main exit, diagonally across from the Tournament's main-entrance crosswalk.
- Prohibited Parking - Overnight parking is prohibited at Crandon Park. Parking is prohibited at Calusa Park on Key Biscayne. Commercial trucks and golf carts are prohibited from parking in all public lots. RV's are not permitted at Crandon Park.
- RV Parking - RV's are restricted and may only utilize Arthur Lamb Road for parking.