MAST Academy, part of Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS), is a magnet School of Choice. The magnet schools in MDCPS are governed by the regulations set forth by the School Board of Miami-Dade County.
M-DCPS Magnet School applications are open and due on January 15th, 2019. To apply, go to the School of Choice website at www.yourchoicemiami.org. Please check individual school websites for admissions requirements.
The CAMBRIDGE PROGRAM at MAST accepts applications for grades 6-10 and has as its target population qualified resident students who reside in Key Biscayne. Applicants from across Miami-Dade County are entered on a space available basis. Please see the following for application requirements for this program only:
- Key Biscayne applicants must meet all admission requirements.
- Key Biscayne residents must complete all steps of the admissions process.
- Key Biscayne residents must provide two proofs of residency: One must be a current utility statement (FPL or water) and the other a rental agreement, mortgage statement, deed or Homestead Exemption document.
- Hand-deliver or send via certified mail two proofs of Key Biscayne residency to MAST Academy by January 15, 2019. Do not upload proof of residence documents.
- Continuous proof of Key Biscayne residency will be required throughout the period of attendance at MAST Academy (annually).
- Qualified Key Biscayne applicants have priority selection for the Cambridge programs, not for the Maritime Science & Technology program.
- If the number of qualified Key Biscayne applicants exceeds the number of seats available, these applicants will be entered into a random selection process.
- If the number of qualified Key Biscayne applicants does not exceed the number of seats available, all qualified Key Biscayne applicants will be admitted and the remaining seats will be filled by a district-wide random selection process.
For additional MAST Academy admissions information please visit https://www.gomakos.org.