Rickenbacker Causeway annual pass holders need to renew their passes by the September 30 deadline.
As of Wednesday, September 27th, residents are to go to the Miami-Dade County Causeways Service Office at 4299 Rickenbacker Causeway in Virginia Key (across from the Seaquarium) to renew in person. Causeway employees were processing plan renewals in the Community Center while power was out at the office due to Hurricane Irma. Now that power has been restored, all in person transactions have reverted to the Virginia Key office.
Hours are from 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. For any questions regarding the annual plan or the renewal process, call 305-854-2468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pass holders can also renew online. Visit www.causewaystoll.com/Login.aspx to submit required documents, update account information and pay.
Pass holders must provide required documents and payment, as explained below (from the Miami-Dade County Rickenbacker Causeway webpage). Since the Rickenbacker Causeway Toll Plaza was converted to allow SunPass, all Annual and Commuter planholders must have a SunPass transponder.
The cost of the Rickenbacker Causeway Resident Plan is $24 per vehicle, is valid from October 1 to September 30, and is available for two-axle non-commercial vehicles only. The annual rate plan will not be pro-rated.
To obtain a Rickenbacker Causeway Resident Plan, you'll need to provide:
- A copy of current driver's license with Key Biscayne address
- Current vehicle registration – Vehicle must be registered to the account holder
- Proof of Residency – Customer must present one of the following: property tax bill, current utility bill (FPL or Water), and telephone or cable bill along with driver's license, each reflecting the address in Key Biscayne.
The Rickenbacker Causeway Commuter Plan provides unlimited passage through the Rickenbacker Toll Plaza. Commuters are restricted to persons employed or attending school on the Rickenbacker Causeway or Key Biscayne.
The cost of the Rickenbacker Causeway Commuter Plan is $60 per vehicle, is valid from October 1 to September 30, and is available for two-axle non-commercial vehicles only. The annual plan rate will not be pro-rated. To obtain a Rickenbacker Causeway Commuter Plan, visit the Service Center located at 4299 Rickenbacker Causeway. You'll need to provide:
- Copy of current vehicle registration. Registration must contain the name of the person purchasing the plan
- Proof of employment, one of the following is accepted: copy of a pay stub, company letter along with a pay stub (if Key Biscayne address is not reflected in the pay stub)
- Or proof of school enrollment: academic schedule with student ID