Per WASD: Sixteen Residential Buildings (Along Sunrise Drive and 590 Ocean Dr) Affected by Temporary Precautionary Boil Water Order - June 8, 2018_copy

Posted: Friday, June 8, 2018 12:15 pm



A PRECAUTIONARY BOIL WATER ORDER (PBWO) has been issued for buildings along Sunrise Drive (100 Sunrise Dr., 101 Sunrise Dr., 115 Sunrise Dr., 150 Sunrise Dr., 155 Sunrise Dr., 195 Sunrise Dr., 200-204 Sunrise Dr., 201-203 Sunrise Dr., 230 Sunrise Dr., 255 Sunrise Dr., 260 Sunrise Dr., 285 Sunrise Dr., 290-390 Sunrise Dr., 300 Sunrise Dr., 301 Sunrise Dr.) and at 590 Ocean Dr. today (June 8th) due to an emergency repair to a broken fire line valve at 590 Ocean Dr. Water service has been temporarily turned off to these addresses to conduct the repairs. Water service should be restored around 3 p.m. today (June 8th). If you do not live in one of these 16 addresses, you are NOT affected by the PBWO.


Once service is restored, all water used for drinking, cooking, brushing teeth, making ice, and washing dishes should be boiled until further notice prior to consumption. Water should be brought to a full rolling boil for at least one minute. As an alternative bottled water may be used. There is no problem with using the water for bathing and other household needs.  


The Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department (WASD) will be sampling the water. Once all tests are cleared, the boil water restrictions will be lifted and you will be notified.


It is the priority of the WASD to provide safe, reliable service to its customers.  If you have any questions or concerns about your service, call our 24-hour Communications Center at 305-274-9272.




"To provide a safe, quality environment for all islanders through responsible government."


© 2013 Village of Key Biscayne   |   88 West McIntyre Street   |   Key Biscayne, FL   |   33149   |   (305) 365-5511   |


Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.
If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request,

do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.