Solid Waste, Recycling & Bulk Trash Pick-Up
Residents in single-family homes or duplexes receive two pick-ups of household garbage per week and once-a-month bulk waste pick-up from Waste Management, the Village's solid waste contractor who bought Solid Waste Systems (SWS). Recycling pick-up for all areas is on Wednesday. There will be no service on these holidays: Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Regular trash should be placed in green wheeled garbage containers. Recyclables should be placed in blue wheeled containers. Flyers with information about these services and 2019 bulk waste pickup schedules will be delivered to each address in December 2018. The flyers are available online as follows:
Call Customer Service at (305) 471-4444 should you have a residential service complaint or need a container.
Weekly Regular Garbage and Yard Waste Pick-Up
The residential service area is divided into two pick-up zones: North of W. McIntyre Street and South of W. McIntyre Street. Please consult the flyers available online in English (PDF) and Spanish (PDF) for more information. There will be no service on these holidays: Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Please note that the side yard or back yard pick-up option remains as with the previous contractor. If you prefer, you may leave your garbage outside your fence or gate on collection days or bring it to the curb. Place the yard waste next to the regular garbage in appropriate containers, bags, or bundles.
2019 BI-WEEKLY HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE COLLECTION
PLUS YARD WASTE COLLECTION
DAYS - REGULAR
DAYS - YARD
Tuesday & Friday
1: North of West McIntyre
Monday & Thursday
2: South of West McIntyre
- All regular garbage should be placed in cans not to exceed 50 lbs. so that the garbage can be safely and efficiently removed from your property. Use the previously provided green wheeled containers.
- If plastic bags are used they, should be securely closed and tied.
- Garbage should not be heavier than the bags can effectively contain.
- Be sure garbage is accessible on all service days. Of you choose the sideyard/backyard pickup option, gates should be unlocked and pets confined away.
ACCEPTABLE garbage includes:
- Household Waste - Kitchen and table food waste: animal, vegetative, food or any organic waste from the preparation, cooking or handling of food material.
- General Trash
- Refuse - Combination of household trash and garbage.
- Yard Waste
- These items are NOT ACCEPTED:
- Hazardous materials
- Paint cans
- Battery packs
- Propane vylinders
- Chemicals and chemical containers
- Yard Waste Rules: Only yard waste meeting the following specifications will be collected on a weekly basis:
- Shall mean vegetative matter resulting from normal yard and landscaping maintenance and
shall include materials such as tree and shrub trimmings, grass clippings, palm fronds or small
- Tree branches that shall not exceed four (4) feet in length and four (4) inches in diameter.
- Yard Trash shall be bundled or tied.
- Grass clippings shall be placed in a garbage container or disposable bag.
- The weight of filled containers, bags, or bundles must be less than fifty (50) pounds.
- No more than six containers, bags or bundles per residential customer shall be collected at one time.
- Yard Trash shall include Christmas trees regardless of size.
- NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR WEEKLY PICKUP is debris resulting from:
- Tree removal
- Land clearing
- Land development
- House demolition
- Home improvement
Weekly Recycling Pick-Up
Recyclables are picked up on Wednesdays for all single-family homes and duplexes in both zones north and south of W. McIntyre Street. Please consult the flyers available online n English (PDF) and Spanish (PDF) for more information. There will be no service on these holidays: Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
SWS asks that customers continue to use the previously issued blue 64-gallon, covered, wheeled containers for recyclables. Have the containers ready for pick-up at the curb by 7:00 a.m. Wednesday morning. Place clean, dry items inside. You do not need to bag items.
- ACCEPTABLE Items for recycling include:
- Empty, clean and dry steel and aluminum cans
- Plastic bottles
- Glass bottles
- Aluminum foil
- Paper cartons
- Cereal boxes
- Cut or folded cardboard boxes
- Any variation of items listed
- These Items are NOT ACCEPTED as recyclables:
- Light bulbs
- Food trays
- Plastic wrap
- Any hazardous items
Monthly Bulk Waste Pick-Up
Bulk waste will be collected curbside each month on the day assigned for your area. Please refer to the color-coded maps in the flyers available online in English (PDF) and Spanish (PDF) and also delivered to each single-family and duplex residence. You can consult the website Events Calendar to see what day pick up occurs at your house. There will be no service on these holidays: Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- ACCEPTABLE items include:
- Household furniture
- Household trash
- White goods
- Yard trash.
- These items are NOT ACCEPTED:
- Construction materials
- Rocks and sol
- Paint or other hazardous materials
- Place your bulk waste away from trees, fences and utility boxes, etc, to allow access by the bulk pick-up grapple truck.
- Please have all bulk items curbside by 7:00 am on the day of your pick up.
Bulk waste must be put out 24 hours before your scheduled pickup date. Improper placement (more than 24 hrs before your scheduled pickup date) is a violation of Miami-Dade Code, Section 19-4 (c), and will result in the assessment of fines to the homeowner.
- The bulk truck will not return to pick up piles that are put out after your block has been picked up.
BULK WASTE COLLECTION - 2019 BULK PICK-UP DATES
(See color-coded map of flyer in English (PDF) and Spanish (PDF)
for your specific service day in each of the following weeks)
| January 14-18
|| July 8-12
| August 12-16