Do you have what it takes to be the Village of Key Biscayne Community Center's Head Lifeguard? If you meet the requirements below, we'd love to hear from you! Application deadline is Friday, April 26 at 5:00 PM.
For more information or to submit your resume and certifications, please email Ana Colls, Assistant Director of Parks & Recreation at AColls@KeyBiscayne.FL.Gov
*Please note the required weekly schedule. This is not negotiable.*
VILLAGE OF KEY BISCAYNE COMMUNITY CENTER
HEAD LIFEGUARD – FULL-TIME POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Closing deadline at 5 pm on Friday, April 26, 2019
This is a full-time supervisory and hands-on lifeguarding position. Employee is responsible for the supervision of 8-10 part-time staff, swimmers and related recreational activities at the Village of Key Biscayne Community Center pool, including the prompt performance of emergency lifesaving and first aid as needed. Employee exercises reasonable initiative and independent judgment. Every duty associated with this position is not described below, which means employee may be required to perform duties which are reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their job as though they were detailed in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School graduate or equivalent; Valid Florida Drivers License.
- Three years experience in an aquatic supervisory position, including experience with pool systems, procedures, and guidelines.
- Current American Red Cross or nationally recognized Lifeguard, C.P.R. and A.E.D. certification.
- Nationally recognized Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or a National Swimming Pool Foundation Certified Pool-Spa Operator (CPO) certification. All required certification and licenses must be current and valid while employed in this position.
- Must be a team player and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must pass background check.
- Must be able to communicate well in English both orally and in writing. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to work the following weekly schedule: Monday through Thursday from 1:00 to 9:00 PM and Saturday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Off on Friday & Sunday)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Including but not limited to the following:
- Serve as 1 of 2 lifeguards during every shift. Ensure swimmer safety while lifeguarding.
- Supervise, interview, evaluate and provide recommendations for hiring part-time lifeguard staff.
- Assign maintenance duties and create work schedule for staff; Prepare, verify, sign and submit payroll.
- Maintain and keep all necessary records concerning pool chemicals, accident reports and incident reports, etc.
- Re-certify lifeguard staff of CPR and Lifeguard Certification; Perform regular training of staff on CPR and Lifeguarding.
- Purchase pool equipment, supplies and chemicals in a cost effective manner with authorization from management.
- Perform maintenance and repairs to aquatic facility and pool equipment.
- Maintain proper water chemistry and make necessary adjustments when needed.
- Constantly monitor pool equipment and aquatic facilities. Submit work orders for large repairs.
- Verify invoices submitted by vendors and submit to management.
- Drive Village vehicle to pick up parts and supplies.
- Lift and/or maneuver pool equipment and chemicals of up to 60 pounds.
- Establish and maintain respectful, courteous and friendly relationships with patrons and co-workers.
- Follows Village, OSHA, and Florida Health Department Health codes for swimming pools.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary of $35,000 per year
- 11 paid annual holidays
- Paid sick leave
- 10 annual paid vacation days and 4 annual paid personal days after successfully completing 1 year of service
- Reimbursement of annual Rickenbacker toll pass
- 100% paid medical insurance
- 100% paid life insurance
- Annual merit salary increases with successful evaluation
- Retirement plan with VKB contribution of 12% and employee contribution of 6%
- And many more benefits!
Click here to view this announcement as a PDF
PART-TIME LIFEGUARD JOB OPPORTUNITIES - We are also accepting applications for part-time lifeguards. Click here for more information.