Fit Start is a new teen wellness program that teaches age-appropriate fitness, nutrition and emotional health to young people ages 11-17. The curriculum covers topics such as self-esteem, trauma, bullying, respect, social media responsibility, kindness, service etc. Classes will be taught by qualified counselors following a safe and age-appropriate curriculum.
- Ages 11-17 years old
- Session September 12 – November 21 (no class Oct 31)
- Young Men Tuesdays from 5:00-6:00 PM
- Young Women Thursdays from 5:00-6:00 PM
- Member Fee $120 per 10-class session
- Non-Member Fee $144 per 10-class session
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS
- Mary Stevens heads Fit Start Key Biscayne and teaches the class for young women. Mary was born, raised and resides on Key Biscayne. She has a degree in Exercise Physiology and a masters degree in Clinical Social Work with a specialization in Child Welfare and Development.
- Gabriel Lamas is a Miami native and teaches the class for young men. He has a degree in Psychology and a masters degree in Clinical Social Work with a specialization in Child Welfare and Development. Gabriel currently works as a clinician at Miami-Dade College providing counseling to students.
click here to view flyer