Fit Start is a new teen wellness program that teaches age-appropriate fitness, nutrition and emotional health to young women ages 11-17. The curriculum covers topics such as self-esteem, trauma, bullying, respect, social media responsibility, kindness, service etc. Classes are taught by a qualified counselor following a safe and age-appropriate curriculum.
- Ages 11-17 years old
- Session 1 January 16 - March 12 (no class Feb. 6)
- Session 2 March 19 - May 21 (no class March 26 or April 16)
- Days/Time Thursdays from 5:00 - 6:00 PM
- Member Fee $96 per 8-class session
- Non-Member Fee $115 per 8-class session
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR - Mary Stevens heads Fit Start Key Biscayne and teaches the class for young women. Mary was born, raised and resides on Key Biscayne. She has a degree in Exercise Physiology and a masters degree in Clinical Social Work with a specialization in Child Welfare and Development.
click here to view flyer