Golf Cart Registration & Rules


The following documents are required to register your golf cart at the Police Department Front Office. You may bring a Golf Cart Registration-Inspection Form (PDF) with you or pick up one at the station.

  1. Valid drivers license
  2. Valid golf cart insurance
  3. Vehicle registration or bill of sale
  4. $15.00 check or money order payable to "The Village of Key Biscayne"

GOLF CART RULES & REGULATIONS (also available as a PDF)

The following rules apply to golf carts being used as passenger vehicles in the Village of Key Biscayne:

  1. The golf cart must be registered with the Village of Key Biscayne, and have a valid permit affixed to the golf cart.
  2. Any person who drives the golf cart must possess a valid operator's license and be at least 16 years of age.
  3. Any person who drives the golf cart must comply with all applicable state laws regarding the requirements and usage of safety belt s and child restraint equipment.
  4. Golf carts are not allowed on the sidewalks, bike paths or beaches.
  5. Any person who drives a golf cart must obey all local and state traffic laws, including parking regulatlons.
  6. Golf carts are not allowed on Crandon Blvd., with the exception of traveling from one intersection to the next  immediate intersection.
  7. Golf carts may not carry more passengers than the maximum number for which the golf cart was designed.
  8. Golf carts must be equipped with headlights and windshield if operated between the hours of sunset and sunrise.
  9. Golf carts owners must comply with applicable state laws pertaining to insurance requirements.






"To provide a safe, quality community environment for all islanders through responsible government."


© 2013 Village of Key Biscayne   |   88 West McIntyre Street   |   Key Biscayne, FL   |   33149   |   (305) 365-5511   |


Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.
If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request,

do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.