VILLAGE OF KEY BISCAYNE
Village Manager’s Office
88 West McIntyre Street
Key Biscayne, Florida 33149
The Village of Key Biscayne is currently seeking individuals that are self-initiated, possess strong leadership qualities, and have outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills for the position of Firefighter.
Key Biscayne is an Island Community in South Florida, Customer service and Community Involvement are hallmark characteristics of the Department. This is a full-time position that includes a full range of benefits, including retirement benefits, vacation, paid sick leave, tuition reimbursement, employee health / life and disability coverage. Seeking certified Paramedic Firefighters. Firefighting experience appreciated but not required. Applications are available at https://keybiscayne.fl.gov/clientuploads/FireRescue/Village_of_Key_Biscayne_APPLICATION.pdf
Please email a completed application to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $63,616.47-$108,805.75
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- State of Florida Firefighter Certification required.
- State of Florida Paramedic Certification or current enrollment in a program strongly preferred.
- State of Florida Class D driver's license with E endorsement.
- Satisfactory driving record.
- Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet applications and presentation software.
- Must comply with Village's Smoke-Free Workplace policy.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to fluently speak, hear, read and write the English language.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus, other languages helpful.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of residents or other employees.
- Ability to accurately describe observations, circumstances and activities verbally and in writing.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret and apply a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to quickly and correctly analyze situations and adopt effective courses of action under emergency or high-stress conditions.
- Ability to carry out critical or routine instruction and perform properly without hesitation even under emergency or hazardous conditions.
- Ability to analyze information from a variety of sources, assess a situation, draw valid conclusions and take appropriate action.
- Ability to physically perform tasks which may be strenuous and prolonged in emergency or non-emergency situations.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring balance, motor coordination and dexterity.
- Ability to deal with victims, family members, bystanders and the public at the scene of the incident under stressful conditions with professionalism and tact.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, the public and representatives of other agencies.
- Ability to swim proficiently by the end of the probationary period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to service calls, including fire or fire-alarm calls, rescue calls, or hazardous materials situations; locates, confines and extinguishes fires; performs salvage and overhaul functions; performs ventilation; evacuates persons or property.
- Performs Paramedic skills and uses a variety of technical equipment in support of basic and advanced life support in accordance with Department techniques and current approved Medical Protocol.
- Mitigates the effects of natural and man-made disasters using resources available.
- Reports to the officer in charge at a firefighting emergency in full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus for an assignment of duties.
- Inspects buildings and structures for compliance with fire codes and for pre-fire planning; writes warnings, performs re-inspections and writes citations.
- Drives and operates all fire/rescue apparatus vehicles; performs the scheduled check-out of an assigned vehicle when assigned as Driver/Engineer.
- Inspects, cleans, maintains personal gear and assists with assigned apparatus and equipment to maintain operational readiness.
- Performs the scheduled check-out of any medical equipment, medical supply inventories and replenishment, replacement and/or repairs of these items as required.
- Documents and notifies the appropriate authorities of any mechanical or operational defects found during apparatus or equipment check-out.
- Attends roll call to receive assignments and current information.
- Inspects, cleans and maintains fire station and surrounding area.
- Attends classes on apparatus maintenance and operation and fire/rescue techniques.
- Participates in company drills.
- Participates in officer training and self-initiated career development.
- Directs and assists in responding to citizen inquiries or complaints.
- Maintains knowledge of current local street grid system.
- Maintains knowledge of location of principal water mains, sprinkler buildings and hydrants.
- Supervises change-over to reserve apparatus to ensure all pertinent equipment is transferred or accounted for
- Other duties as assigned.
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ALONG WITH PROOF OF:
1.) GED/HS Diploma (at a minimum).
2.) State of Florida driver's license
3.) Florida Firefighter Certification
4.) Florida Paramedic Certification
The Village of Key Biscayne is seeking a Procurement Officer. This position is responsible for technical work in procurement, contracts and bid solicitation for Village departments. Work includes responsibility for the procurement of items, supplies and services used throughout the Village. Work is performed under general supervision of the Finance Director.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, procurement and inventory systems, or related field and five (5) to Seven (7) years of progressively responsible administrative and management experience in a medium to large size diversified city or county operation. Experience may substitute for education.
- One or more Universal Public Procurement Council (UPPC) or National Institute of Government Purchasing Agents (NIGP) certifications (CPP, CPPO, CPPB) highly desirable.
- Must be fluent, able to read, speak and write, in English; Spanish helpful.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Teams, and other Village and department-relevant software and systems.
- Ability to manage large amounts of documents accurately.
- Ability to manage departmental budget.
- Ability to work with the public and other employees in a courteous, tactful, and effective manner.
- Must be non-smoker
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and supervises a staff engaged in procurement functions, in accordance with applicable Village and Federal laws, regulations, ordinances, and professional ethical practices
- Coordinates purchasing functions for goods and services, architecture, engineering and construction services. Procures materials, supplies and capital equipment and contract services, according to established procedures.
- Prepares Invitations to Bid, Requests for Proposals, and other solicitation types, in accordance with Village policy and procedure, and as required by Village ordinance and state statutes.
- Assists departments in developing bid specifications and evaluating bid responses
- Coordinates the advertisement of statutorily required public notices of committee meetings, and other public purchasing related meetings.
- Coordinates formal pre-bid meetings, bid openings, site visits and negotiation meetings.
- Facilitates evaluation committee meetings for all formal solicitations.
- Coordinates selection of vendors, recommendations of award, issuance of purchase orders, addenda, and vendor notifications.
- Reviews all repetitive purchases to determine where negotiated blanket orders and contractual agreements are economically advantageous
- Maintains vendor and purchase order files and histories to determine buying patterns and needs
- Analyzes pertinent market trends and conditions which impact on the Village’s purchasing activities regarding product lines, innovations, availability, reliability, and other factors
- Negotiates, renegotiates, and administers contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
- Approves purchase contracts up to determined limits. Assists departments in drafting specifications and solicits bids on all purchases over determined limits.
- Makes recommendations regarding the selection of suppliers based on supplier performance, credit worthiness, overall responsiveness, and cost.
- Creates and maintains Village’s vendor database, including verification of State registrations, business licenses and addresses. Determines need to add vendors.
- Resolves problems of shortages and improper orders with vendors.
- Promotes good relations between using departments and vendors. Ensures vendor performance in areas of customer service and support.
- Approves select vendor invoices and reconciles purchase orders. Prepares purchase order and encumbrance reports and coordinates open balances with departments and Village auditors.
- Reconciles and recommends for approval all construction related Applications for Payment and open retainage at year end.
- Maintains records of purchases and contracts so that analysis can be made to optimize opportunities for improved sources, distribution of business, process, and terms relative to the changing economic conditions.
- Maintains records and controls on all Village fixed assets and property. Coordinates annual inventories and prepares necessary schedules of depreciation and value for Village auditors and annual financial report.
- Properly disposes of surplus inventories, scrap material, and surplus or obsolete equipment via Village auction/solicitation.
- Coordinates submittal and internal/external distribution of various financial documents throughout the year, e.g., annual proposed and adopted budgets, Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR), FDOT reports to required recipients.
- Establishes, revises, and enforces division policies, procedures, priorities, and Village purchasing policies and procedures and ensures expenditures are within budgeted parameters.
- Follows and monitors purchasing laws and regulations.
- Provides backup support to Accounts Payable and IT personnel, as required.
- Supervises Purchasing Specialist position.
- Performs related duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the practices involved in governmental purchasing property and control principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the formal bid process, e.g., developing requests for proposal/quote, tabulating bids, monitoring contract compliance.
- Knowledge of materials and supplies involved in Village/City services.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $78,295.40 – 105,000.00
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, 35 hours per week
Interested and qualified applicants should submit cover letter, resume to: Juan C. Gutierrez, Human Resources Director, Village of Key Biscayne, 88 West McIntyre Street, Suite 210, Key Biscayne, FL 33149 or via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted June 1, 2021
Interested and qualified candidates must submit application by close of business June 15, 2021.
PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
Front Desk Attendants
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are open until filled.
For information and application forms, select the Employment Opportunities
menu item at www.activeislander.org, the Parks & Recreation website.
The Village of Key Biscayne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Village of Key Biscayne is a drug-free workplace.
A pre-employment drug screen, criminal history background investigation, and a driver’s license verification may be conducted.