The Community Groups Coordinator is responsible for the administration, management, public fund distribution and operations of the Village's Community Groups and Special Events and all related processes and programs for the Village of Key Biscayne. The Village of Key Biscayne values its community partners and believes the programs, events, placemaking, and community-building functions they provide are of value to our residents.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Parks & Recreations, Communications, Public Relations, Media Relations, Advertising, or related area
- Two (2) years of experience in group coordination, marketing, event services, event scheduling, coordinating, permit review or processing.
- Or the equivalent in education, training, and experience, which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of management with direct experience in budgeting/finance, marketing, logistics, negotiations, event services, and event scheduling.
- Ability to research, prepare and present reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively as a leader in developing and sustaining an entrepreneurial business-like approach while maintaining a strong focus on customer service.
- Ability to analyze and prioritize programmatic requirements and activities, to ensure continuity of essential functions and efficient use of available resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to respond courteously, tactfully, and effectively to public concerns and complaints.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Suite, Microsoft Project, RS Means, Program Management software and workflow, and Business Intelligence systems preferred
- Must have current State of Florida driver's license.
- Ability to fluently speak, hear, read, and write the English language. Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus.
- Must offer flexibility in work schedule to accommodate occasional evening, weekend, or holiday work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates community groups and the planning and production of special events throughout the Village.
- Creates working agreements with each community group to outline the services and deliverables to be provided and ensure that the groups are accessible and serve a public purpose.
- Coordinates and directs the operation and processes of planning, reviewing, coordinating the applications, and permitting for special events.
- Provide community groups administrative and financial support ensuring funds are expended for the intended public purpose.
- Offers logistic support and coordination for community groups and village special events
- Plans and participates in all after action briefings of special events.
- Provides feedback for improvement in processes when barriers or issues arise with events.
- Is an effective communicator who can establish and maintain effective working relationships with community groups, Village departments, vendors, contractors, and residents as well as knowledgeable of local and regional rules, policies, and procedures.
- Responds timely and professionally to event organizers, interested parties or others within the community when contacted with questions or concerns surrounding an event.
- Remains in frequent contact with Parks, Recreation & Open Spaces Department staff for relevant updates on events.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the logistics and criteria for unique and complex events.
- Assures that special events comply with all Building, Police and Fire safety requirements.
- Understands or has the ability to learn the Village’s codes and regulations related to street closures, food trucks, open container, restrictions, alcohol usage, solid waste, recycling, permitting and other codes and ordinances.
- Understands the Village’s sound and/or noise ordinance and its impact and relation to special events.
- Understands Americans with Disabilities Act and the adherence needed for accessibility of events and programs.
- Stays current on citywide projects that may impact special events such as Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) that could include roundabouts, repaving, park repairs, new parks, and underground infrastructure in order that events and projects do not conflict.
- A results-oriented leader with the ability to apply contemporary technical and business solutions to attain desired outcomes.
- Oversees and maintains all financial records pertaining to revenue and expenditures for special events, community groups and facility rentals.
- Develops a new application process for community groups to submit proposals for administrative review and evaluation. The evaluation process will be based on how the applicants align with the Village’s strategic goals and objectives and lead to subsequent funding recommendations
- Explores and suggests innovated ways to manage and fund special events and community groups.
- The intent of this class description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of classifications given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbent may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
SALARY RANGE: $42,829.21 – 70,025.46
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Interested and qualified applicants should submit cover letter, resume to: Juan C. Gutierrez, Human Resources Director, Village of Key Biscayne via E-mail: email@example.com
Posted November 10, 2021. Interested and qualified candidates must submit application by December 5, 2021.