The Permit Clerk assist property and business owners, contractors, and developers in filing applications for building permits and obtaining the required documentation to ensure compliance with established rules and procedures.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two years of clerical experience.
- Prior experience dealing with customers, data entry, assisting the public.
- Ability to read, speak and write in English; other languages helpful (Spanish preferred).
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to explain regulations and present information effectively and professionally in one-on-one situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives various construction permit applications/plans from contractors and owners; issues and distributes plans to the building Department for review and inspection; issues construction permits following review and approval.
- Enters applicable contractor, architect and construction related data into the permit system.
- Prepares documentation pertaining to construction including perforating, stamping, checking signed and sealed plans, energy and structural calculations, current surveys and collection of fees.
- Assists the public by telephone or in person to obtain documents and forms and by supplying answers to a variety of procedural questions.
- Assembles and summarizes material from files, cross references data, locates information.
- Issues 180-day permit expiration letters to contractors and owners.
- Assists in conducting lien searches to ensure permits are clear.
- Collects fees for inspections.
- Inputs special event permit information to computer.
- Reviews requirements and documentation necessary to issue Certificates of Completion.
- Prepares Certificate of Completion boxes, files and plans for warehousing.
- Processes Hold Harmless letters.
- Inputs data on contractors, architects, licenses, and Certificates of Completion into the system.
- Inputs inspection requests to permit system.
- Assists Building Official with 40-years certificates and research for lawyers.
- Assists code enforcement/occupational licensing with information.
- Performs related work as requested
- Prepares mailings for Zoning Department.
- Send out quarterly Florida Energy Efficiency code.
- Hurricane preparations.
- Other duties may be assigned
SALARY RANGE: $38,480.00 – 62,914.80
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Interested and qualified applicants should submit cover letter, resume to: Juan C. Gutierrez, Human Resources Director, Village of Key Biscayne via E-mail: email@example.com
Posted November 24, 2021. Interested and qualified candidates must submit application by January 17, 2022.