The Village of Key Biscayne Parks and Recreation Department is always looking to add new classes and programs that are of interest to our residents. Experienced professionals are encouraged to review the information below, the Class Proposal Form and the Contract Instructor Agreement to familiarize themselves with the Village's requirements. Thank you for your interest in providing valuable and well-organized classes and programs to Key Biscayne residents!
Community Center Proposals - Send to:Village of Key Biscayne, Attention: Ana Colls10 Village Green Way, Key Biscayne, FL 33149E-mail email@example.com Athletics Proposals - Send to:Village of Key Biscayne, Attention: Todd Hofferberth10 Village Green Way, Key Biscayne, FL 33149;E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please download the appropriate form above and carefully read the information below. (Please note that Athletics proposals are for any activities that take place outside of the Community Center facility.)
- Complete all personal information including day/evening/fax numbers, e-mail, and a recent resume (you do not have to include your Social Security number on this form). Return Instructors are also required to complete all information and write up!
- The class write up is the most important part of the proposal. Be creative, informative, yet brief. The information should sell and describe your class to the reader. Explain the benefits of taking your class and how the student can apply it to their life. Please keep write up information to less than 30 words. It may be edited by staff without prior notice to fulfill activities guide space requirements.
- The day of the week is your choice; however final approval is the sole discretion of Parks and Recreation staff. Classes can be offered 7 days a week, subject to availability of space. Please be aware that no classes will be held on the following holidays: New Year's Holiday (January 1), Fourth of July (July 4), Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day (December 25). It is your responsibility to omit these dates in your proposal. You may also considering omitting other dates that conflict with school or other holidays.
- Class fees should be practical; after all this is a recreational activity. If you will supply books, paints or equipment, be sure to implement a nominal material fee. Participants pay the material fee directly to you at the first class.
- The maximum number of students is set to stop enrollment when the class is full. The minimum is to decide if the class will be cancelled due to low enrollment. Classes that do not fulfill the minimum enrollment requirements will be cancelled the afternoon before the class by Parks and Recreation staff. The instructor and any students that were enrolled will be notified via phone.
- The Village of Key Biscayne will not provide any equipment other than a room for instruction. Projectors, TV, VCR, other supplies etc. may be available at instructor's request and the Department's approval. You may request a particular room or athletic facility; however, the final decision is at the sole discretion of Parks and Recreation staff.
- All instructors are subject to a background check before beginning a new class or program.
- Click here for more instructor information
- All new instructors are required to submit a completed and signed W9 Form.
- Your contract agreement will be available after approval of proposal. To review the contract instructor agreement, please download the appropriate form below:
- Completed Proposals must be returned to the Parks and Recreation Department. Incomplete proposals will not be accepted. If you have questions, please call the Parks and Recreation Department at 305-365-8900.
***PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW ALL OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS PAGE BEFORE CONTACTING US WITH SPECIFIC QUESTIONS***