Youth Athletics Program Information, Policies & Forms
Updated March 8, 2013
IMPORTANT NEW YOUTH ATHLETIC PROGRAM ENHANCEMENTS EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 1, 2011
Due to the tremendous growth of our Youth Sports programs, a number of program enhancements are being implemented across all (12) Youth Sports programs managed by the Village of Key Biscayne. During the past year a group of Parent Stakeholders, the Youth Athletics Advisory Board (“YAAB”), the Key Biscayne Athletic Club (“KBAC”) and Village Management have worked together to create standardized policies and procedures across all Youth Sports Programs. On August 31, 2011 the Village Manager formally authorized Village staff to implement these wide ranging enhancements which represent the most significant improvement to Youth Athletics since the KBAC was founded in 1972.
The centerpiece of this initiative is the Standardized Athletics Policies and Procedures (“SAPP”) document which provides quantifiable standards and procedures across all sports programs including:
- Mandatory Coaching Training & Certification – administered locally through the National Alliance of Youth Sports (“NAYS”)
- A Standardized Code of Conduct for Coaches, Players, and Parents
- Standardized Rules & Procedures for Registration, Intramural Drafts, Payment Plans, & Financial Aid
In addition, two new Citizen Staffed Committees have been created:
- Financial Aid Committee - a 3 person KBAC committee that reviews and awards financial aid based on demonstrated need.
- Disciplinary Committee - a 3 person committee that reviews violations of the Coaches Code of Conduct and the Parent/Player Code of Conduct.
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FORMS
(Updated March 8, 2013):