The Fire Rescue Department strives to ensure that adequate, effective and efficient programs are directed toward
- life safety
- risk reduction of hazards
- the detection, reporting and controlling of fires and other emergencies
- the provision of occupant safety and exiting and
- the provisions for first aid fire fighting equipment.
- The Fire Rescue Department utilizes fire prevention laws and ordinances to provide excellent inspection and enforcement activities. These activities are accomplished through an aggressive fire safety and prevention compliance program that involves all members of the Department.
- The Department also works closely with the Villageâ€™s Building, Zoning, Planning and Public Works Department for plan review and new construction.
- The Department performs periodic appraisals to determine if there is a balance between the fire hazard risks within the Village and the built-in early warning and fire suppression systems